Monday, August 13, 2018

Kindness is the Way!

I love watching YouTube! I especially enjoy watching coloring videos, and I found that many of these videos use images from Power Poppy. I was so intrigued by how beautiful these images were, I just had to see more for myself. And, oh my, was I excited about what I discovered?! Power Poppy's online store has so many beautiful stamps, even a huge array of digi stamps. Digi stamps are digital images you can download, print at home, and then begin coloring right away!

But even more exciting for me was that I stumbled upon not only a FREE digital stamp from Power Poppy, but also a FREE coloring class from Kit and Clowder to go along with it. I immediately signed up for the class, and I was completely blown away. The video tutorial was so incredibly informative, and really created a safe place for me to develop my coloring. There's also a step-by-step guide that includes a color blend chart of different kinds and brands of coloring media.



Here's the piece I created during the class. This took me several days to finish. I just tried to find 10-20 minutes each day to color. It was hard at times because I was really challenging myself to try the techniques taught in the class. I just love how positive Alyce Keegan, creator of Kit and Clowder, is as she teaches you the basics of coloring. And there's even a Facebook group you can join for even more support!



I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it and completing this project. It's definitely been a learning process, and I know that as I practice more and more, I'll just keep getting better and better.

           


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Please share this blog with your family and friends! I really appreciate your support!



SUPPLIES USED:


Canson Mi-Tientes  Pastel Paper Pad White (printed image)



Primsacolor Premier Colored Pencils



Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb cardstock (card base)
 

No comments: